FilmTec HSRO-4040-FF Membrane: Heat Resistant Reverse Osmosis Membranes for Sanitary Applications
Discover DuPont (Dow) FilmTec HSRO-4040-FF 4×40″ membrane, designed to provide high purity water with the added ability to withstand hot water disinfection. These thermally disinfectable reverse osmosis membranes (HSRO) are ideal for applications.
HSRO-4040-FF Membrane Applications
- Purified water in pharmaceutical, medical and biotechnological applications.
- Permeate polishing in food and dairy processes.
- Sterile water for injection and dialysis
- Sanitary uses
They reduce the use of chemical disinfectants and save on operating costs.
FilmTec HSRO-4040-FF membranes offer excellent water quality and can withstand hot water disinfection, eliminating the need for chemical disinfectants. Manufactured with advanced automated equipment, these membranes have a high active membrane area, which allows system designs with lower operating flux to minimize fouling or cost savings due to the use of fewer membrane elements.
The “full-fit” configuration of these membranes helps minimize stagnant areas and is optimal for applications requiring a sanitary design. All materials of construction meet the indirect food contact requirements of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This product is also available in a wet version.
Choose DuPont DOW FilmTec HSRO-4040-FF membranes for advanced and efficient solutions in sanitary applications requiring high temperature resistant reverse osmosis. Our reverse osmosis products are compatible with a wide range of systems and are available in different sizes and configurations to suit the specific needs of each project. Contact us now to learn more about our innovative reverse osmosis solutions!
HSRO membrane model
Active area ft2 (m2)
Stabilized permeate flow rate gpd (m3/d)
Rejection of stabilized salt
- Permeate flow and salt rejection are based on the following test conditions: 2,000 ppm NaCl, 125 psi (8.6 bar), 77 °F (25°C), pH 8 and 15% recovery prior to any heat treatment.
- The permeate flow rate for individual elements can vary by ±20%.
- Sales specifications may vary as design revisions are made.
- It offers excellent water quality with the added ability to resist disinfection with hot water, eliminating the need for chemical disinfectants.
- High active membrane area allows system designs with lower operating flux or cost savings due to the use of fewer membrane elements.
- Full-fit configuration design helps minimize stagnant areas and is optimal for applications requiring a sanitary design.
- All components comply with FDA standards.
Suggested FilmTec HSRO-4040-FF 4×40″ membrane operating conditions
Membrane type: Polyamide thin film composite
Maximum operating temperature: 113°F (45°C)
Maximum disinfection temperature: (at 25 psig): 185°F (85°C)
Maximum operating pressure: 600 psig (41 bar)
Maximum pressure drop:
- Per element: 15 psig (1.0 bar)
- Per vessel (casing): 60 psig (4.1 bar)
- Continuous operation: 2-11
- Short-term cleaning: 1-12
Maximum sediment density index in feed (SDI): SDI 5
Tolerance to free chlorine:< 0.1 ppm