Water purifier ELKAY WSP3500.
This water filter includes a polypropylene pre-filter and a microfiltration purifier.
This microfiltration system has a process that reduces particles and microorganisms down to 0.2 microns. It also reduces odor, taste and chlorine. Removes bacteria along with chlorine and sediment in order to reduce odor, water production up to 35,000 gallons (132,489 liters).
- This water filter (WSP35000) provides a reduction in bacterial organisms, coliforms and bacteria by mechanical means.
- The system includes a quick connection head.
- Bracket for easy installation and replacement of the cartridge.
- No connection to electric power is required.
This water filter provides a bacterial reduction of organisms and bacterial reduction of total coliforms according to the evaluation performed according to the Mexican Official Standard: NOM-244-SSA1-2008 by a third party laboratory authorized by COFEPRIS. It also performs fine filtration of particles, reduces unwanted odors and flavors. Filter life for bacteria has been enhanced with a pre-filter for sediment that includes a nominal 10 micron grade rating.
This system is easy and practical to install and is designed to provide the best quality water.
- Purification capacity: 35,000 gallons (132,489 liters).
- Overall dimensions: 18.8″ x 11.10″.
Purification stages and equipment capacity:
This system has been evaluated by COFEPRIS according to the Mexican Official Standard NOM-244-SSA1-2008 for a final bacterial reduction efficiency life of 133,000 liters at a maximum flow rate of 12 l/min.
It consists of 2 cartridges:
1. Pre-filter for sediment reduction.
It is a polypropylene depth filtration cartridge (polyspun), which has standard measures: 2.5 “x10”.
Periodicity of change: We recommend that you replace the sediment pre-filter at the same time as the suspended solids reduction filter or when sediment has penetrated the inside of the cartridge core. The maximum period in which it should be replaced is after 12 months of use.
2. Filter for bacteria reduction (microfiltration):
This cartridge water filter contains activated carbon that reduces odor, color and taste in the water.
It is recommended that this filter be replaced as preventive maintenance every 6 to 12 months or when water flow decreases. The maximum period in which it should be replaced is after 12 months of use.
– Dynamic Operating Pressure: 10-125 psi (0.7 – 8.6 bar).
– Static Operating Pressure: 100 psi (6.9 bar).
– Operating Temperature: 35-100°F (2-38°C).
– Maximum Service Flow: 3.17 gpm (12 L/min).
– Inlet connection: 3/8″ inches.
– Outlet connection: 3/8″ inches.
Restrictions regarding water quality characteristics:
– It can be used with municipal water.
– The maximum allowable limits for water entering the filter are:
* Total Dissolved Solids (TDS): <1000 PPM (0-1 000 mg/L).
* Total Hardness: <500 PPM (0-500 mg/L).
* pH: 6.5 – 8.5.
* Free Residual Chlorine: 0.2-1.50 PPM (0.2-1.5 mg/L).
* Chlorides: <250 PPM (<250 mg/L).
* Turbidity: <5 NTU.
* Iron: <0.30 PPM (<0.30 mg/L).
The WSP3500 filter purifier is not a reverse osmosis system , which means that the water may taste different than reverse osmosis treated water. However, the filter complies with NOM-127 for environmental health, so you can be confident that the filtered water is 100% safe for human consumption.