The PH-80 and PH-200 are reliable pH and temperature meters.
The pH and temperature meters are ideal for testing applications such as hydroponics and gardening, swimming pools and spas, aquariums and reef tanks, water ionizers, drinking water, process water and more.
Features of the HM pH and temperature meter
It measures pH and temperature.
Automatic one-touch digital calibration
Simultaneous temperature display
Elegant and lightweight design
Large LCD screen
Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC)
Auto power off function, data save function and low battery indicator.
Includes storage solution in a sponge embedded in a translucent lid.
Factory calibrated: The PH-80 meter is factory calibrated to pH 7.0. The meter can be quickly and easily recalibrated with digital calibration to pH 4.0, 7.0 or 10.0 using the meter’s simple one-touch process.
Includes a lid, batteries, storage solution and pH 7.0 buffer.
- pH range: 0 – 14
- Temperature range: 1-80 ° C; 33-176 ° F
- Resolution: 0.1 pH; Temperature resolution is 0.1 ° C / F
- Accuracy: +/- 0.2 pH; Temperature accuracy is +/- 2%.
- Calibration: Digital automatic calibration (one point)
- Minimum EC / TDS: 10 μS / 5 ppm
- Electrode: Crystal sensors and reference tube electrodes
- Housing: water resistant
- Power supply: 3 x 1.5V button cell batteries (model LR44 or equivalent, included)
- Dimensions: 15.3 x 3.2 x 1.8 cm (6.0 x 1.3 x 0.7 in.)
- Weight: 53.9 g (1.9 oz.)
- pH range: 0 – 14
- Temperature range: 0-55 ° C; 32-130 ° F
- Resolution: 0.01 pH; Temperature resolution is 0.1 ° C / F
- Accuracy: +/- 0.1 pH; Temperature accuracy is +/- 2%.
- Calibration: Digital automatic calibration (one point) with digital adjustment
- Minimum EC / TDS: 5 uS / 10 ppm
- Electrode: glass probe and reference tube electrodes
- Housing: Waterproof grade IP-67
(submersible and floating)
- Power source: 3 x 1.5V button cell batteries (LR44 or equivalent, included)
- Dimensions: 18.5 x 3.4 x 3.4 cm (7.3 x 1.3 x 1.3 inches)
- Weight: 96.4 g (3.4 oz.)
- Replaceable sensor (SP-P2 model)
Recommended accessories: pH Electrode Storage Solution (PH-STOR) and pH Calibration Buffers (PH-BUF). Please note that the meter includes single-use packets of storage solution and pH 7.0 buffer. This is sufficient at the beginning, but in the future additional storage solutions and calibration buffers will be needed (exactly when depending on individual use and needs). The storage solution and pH buffers (while in powder form) do not expire.
Frequently Asked Questions:
The sponge on the lid is dry. Is it OK?
Yes. During shipment, the solution may leak or dry out. This will not damage your meter, and is perfectly fine. Before use, pour a small amount of the electrode buffer solution (from the Mylar package) onto the sponge so that it is moist. Replace the cover and allow the sensor to soak for 15 minutes standing upright. (NOTE: The sponge is simply to retain the storage solution so that it does not spill, it should be kept in the lid).
How often should I calibrate?
All pH meters should be calibrated anywhere from before each use to at least once a month. The frequency of calibration depends on the use and application, but you should calibrate at least once a month for proper results and longer life of your meter. A packet of pH 7.0 solution is included with the meter. Additional pH solutions for calibration must be purchased at a later date. Refer to the user’s guide for calibration instructions.
I use my meter for hydroponics. Do you need any special care?
Yes. Nutrients in a hydroponics tank quickly adhere to the sensor and may not be read correctly. It is very important to rinse the sensor in distilled water after each use. Otherwise, you will only be measuring the nutrients that are already in the sensor.
Can I use the PH-80 or PH-200 to test distilled water, DI or RO?
No. The meter is not designed for pure or very low TDS water. Water needs at least 10 ppm TDS (μS of EC) to have a reading.