Catalytic filter media for iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide removal
What is Katalox Light?
Katalox Light is an advanced filter media developed in Germany. Its composition makes it one of the best contemporary filter media for water treatment.
Katalox Light is used in numerous residential, commercial, industrial and municipal systems around the world for high level filtration, color and odor removal, removal of iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide, efficient reduction of arsenic, zinc, copper, lead, radium, uranium and other radioisotopes and heavy metals.
The high concentration of MnO2 in the surface coating of Katalox Light (10%) is the biggest advantage compared to other similar product on the market. This makes oxidation and co-precipitation of contaminants much more effective. To remove a large concentration of contaminants it is recommended to useH2O2as an oxidant, which will accelerate catalytic oxidation on the surface of the filter media. Other conventional oxidizing agents such as chlorine and potassium permanganate can be used if required.
Katalox Light can be used to remove arsenic, radium, uranium but in these cases iron must be present in the water. The Katalox Light system is designed with iron dosing technology, which has advantages over other adsorbent media used for heavy metal removal.
- MnO2 coating on the surface (10%)
- High surface area
- Does not contain crystalline silica
- Lightweight – Providing backwash savings
- Filtration of sand, sediments and suspended solids down to 3 microns
- High iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide removal efficiency
- Effective removal of arsenic, zinc, copper, lead, radium, uranium, radioisotopes and other heavy metals
- Duration from 7 to 10 years
- No other disinfection products required
- No dosing of potassium perganmanate, chlorine, or chlorine dioxide is required.
- Low operating costs