Bacteriostatic granular activated carbon – Biostat
This is a bacteriostatic activated carbon impregnated with silver especially for cartridge water filters, or laboratory water applications or high care environments.
- Raw material: Coconut shell
- Particle size range (mesh size): 8×30, 12×40, 20×50
- Impregnated: Metallic silver (Ag) at 0.1%, 0.3% or 1.0%.
- Presentation: 25 kg bags, Super bags of 500 kg.
How does activated carbon for water filters work?
The most common application for activated carbon is water treatment, usually after disinfection, where chemical reactions can occur. In addition, the water is disinfected before it passes through the activated carbon adsorbents to prevent bacterial growth. Activated carbon serves as a granular medium to remove chlorine and organic elements that are considered undesirable in drinking water.
But in many cases, when the chlorine is eliminated in the first centimeters of the carbon bed, it is unprotected from bactericides and by retaining organic matter, it can be a source of bacterial contamination. fertile bed of bacteriaIt is therefore highly recommended to use cartridges with bacteriostatic activated carbon impregnated with silver to prevent the development of macroorganisms in the cartridge.
Silver activated carbon applications:
- Domestic or laboratory cartridge filters for water treatment.
- Home water filters to prevent bacteria in the cartridge.
- Purification of drinking water in places with low water consumption that do not justify periodic carbon sanitization.
- Drinking water de-chlorination
- Elimination of odors and flavors
- Retention of organic contaminants
More information on activated carbon for water filters:
To learn more about how silver-impregnated activated carbon works, we recommend the following article:
References: Activated carbon for domestic water filters