Catalyst filter medium for removal of iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide
What is Katalox Light?
Katalox Light is an advanced filter medium developed in Germany. Its composition makes it one of the best contemporary filter media for water treatment.
Katalox Light is used in numerous residential, commercial, industrial and municipal systems around the world for high level filtration, color and odor removal, iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide removal, efficient reduction of arsenic, zinc, copper, lead, radium, uranium and other radioisotopes and heavy metals.
The high concentration of MnO2 In the surface coating of Katalox Light (10%) it is the biggest advantage compared to another similar product on the market. This makes the oxidation and co-precipitation of pollutants much more effective. To remove a large concentration of contaminants it is recommended to use H2O2 as an oxidant, which will accelerate catalytic oxidation on the surface of the filter media. Other conventional oxidizing agents such as chlorine and potassium permanganate can be used if required.
Katalox Light can be used to remove arsenic, radium, uranium but in these cases it is necessary that there is iron present in the water. The Katalox Light system is designed with iron dosing technology, which has advantages over other adsorbent media used for heavy metal removal.
- M coatingnO2 on the surface (10%)
- High surface area
- Does not contain crystalline silica
- Lightweight - Which provides savings on backwash
- Filtration of sand, sediment and suspended solids down to 3 microns
- High efficiency in removal of iron, manganese and hydrogen sulfide
- Effective removal of arsenic, zinc, copper, lead, radium, uranium, radioisotopes and other heavy metals
- Duration from 7 to 10 years
- Does not require other disinfection products
- Does not need dosing of potassium perganmanate, chlorine, or chlorine dioxide
- Low operational costs