Granular Activated Carbon Reactivation Service
It is possible to reactivate spent granular carbons by various methods, among which the most common is thermal (in a rotary kiln at 800 ° C and in an atmosphere saturated with water vapor).
The coal obtained usually recovers all its original capacity. With reactivation, the need to dispose of spent carbon (as industrial waste) is avoided and up to 50% can be saved in the replacement of activated carbon - reactivation
After the adsorption capacity of an activated carbon has been exhausted it is fully recyclable, the adsorbed organics are destroyed and the reactivated carbon can be safely and cost-effectively recycled for continued use. In the reactivation process it takes the following steps:
- Spent activated carbon is heated in oxygen-deprived furnaces using steam as a selective oxidant.
- The adsorbed organic compounds are volatilized and pyrolyzed to carbon dioxide.
- The volatilized organic materials are destroyed in the post-combustion of the kiln.
- Acid gases are removed by means of a thermal scrubber.
- The high temperature reaction with steam serves to restore the adsorption capacity of the activated carbon and control over carbonization.
Through reactivation, spent granular activated carbon can be recycled for reuse, virtually eliminating the cost and liability of disposal.
We have the permits before SEMADES for its reactivation, we deliver all the documents that the process implies, in addition to a quality certificate.
We also offer a service for the collection, storage and disposal of spent activated carbons.